Friday, January 3, 2014

Handmade Goodness

Good morning y'all!  I have coffee in hand and words in my brain.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday night.

We spent ours at the Warrior Wrestling Complex as we do every Thursday night.  Payton had her first busted nose when she took an elbow right to the face.  She finished the match but the moment she made eye contact with me she lost it.  This is the first time that she has ever cried during wrestling.  I think when the blood started to flow down her face it caused a freak-out reaction.  I, immediately told her to stop crying, it is absolutely not allowed.  Why? Because if I allow her to cry in a situation like this then she gets absorbed in it and cannot be consoled.  I'm not mean about it, I simply remind her of how awesome she is and we do NOT let the boys see us cry.  Ever.  She will be stronger because of the no tears rule.  We went to the bathroom and wiped her watery eyes, put a cool rag on her neck and applied light pressure to her nose.  All was fine in her world.  Kisses on the forehead and a quick pat on the butt and she went back to the mat.

Tanner, heaven to Betsy.  He cannot 'get' wrestling to save his life.  He charges the kid like a linebacker, every.single.time.  This may be because, well, he is a linebacker during football season.  Followed by grabbing him around his waist and locking his hands, this is his 'heck no, he isn't getting me down on the ground' stance.  We have told him one million times that you can lock your hands around him but the first time he puts a knee to the ground you have to unlock your hands or HE receive a point.  I'm so frustrated with him!  He doesn't take criticism well at all and then he doesn't physically listen and apply what he is being told.  I'm worried he is going to get hurt because he doesn't listen.  I don't think he will be wrestling next season but we have a rule in this house that I'm sure many of you have also.....you can't quit.  I don't care how much you hate it, after the season you never have to do it again but you will finish the season.  Period.  No exceptions.  But hey, he can climb that huge rope like a mad man!

Haleigh is bored out of her mind.  School starts back in two blessed days.  Thank.YOU.JESUS!  I love my kids with all my heart but for the love of all that is good and kind in the world - - - - - we need a break! Bless you homeschooling mama's, bless.you!  Y'all are some amazingly wonderful people with the patience and tolerance like no other.  I have nothing but total respect for each and everyone of y'all.


So back to what this original post topic was supposed to be about.....handmade presents.  I love, love, love receiving handmade goodies.  Whether it is sweets, breads, ornaments, whatever, I LOVE IT!  It is something special when someone takes their precious valuable time to create YOU something.  I am making it a rule of thumb, tradition you may say to make the kids something each Christmas.  I can't knit or crochet.  I own every tool you would need to knit an army three scarves each but I can't figure it out.  I have watched 9.2 million YouTube videos and I still can't figure it out!  However, I am now an expert rainbow loomer.  I can cook but I do that so much during the holiday season that I didn't want to take that route.  So, I thought what could I do?  I enjoy painting but I'm not very good at it but still, it is very therapeutic for me so I went that direction.  Today, I want to share with you my hand painted canvases that I gave each child.  They were so appreciative, especially the girls.  Please ignore the pjs and crazy hair.  Also, hehehe, Tanner lost his fourth tooth in the front of his mouth this morning.  He can barely form words! So stinking cute :)                                                                                                              
Haleigh TYF Cheer

So next time you don't know what to give someone but you want it to be extra special, consider making them something from your heart!  If you are not a Pinterest member, it is a great site for all newbie crafters, experienced cooks or just to browse!  It is one of my favorite places to spend time on the web.

Bless y'all!!!  Till next time.

                                                                                                          Love,
                                                                                                                 The PINja.
             

                             

1 comment:

  1. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....the PINja!

    here are some blogs I follow:

    733blog.com
    carolinacharm
    somedaycrafts
    thriftycraftygirl
    somedaycrafts
    todaysfabulousfinds

    just google them and you will be able to find them. I will FB message you on some pointers that will help get followers!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete